Recently, I stumbled upon a relatively easy recipe, sesame steak. It takes about 16 minutes to prepare this dish, plus about 30 minutes cooking time. Do consider the extra time for marinading the steak too (about 30 minutes or longer for extra flavor).
Here are the ingredients (which is for about 6 servings):
- 1 tbsp. sesame seed
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless sirloin steak
The following are the procedures:
- Toast seeds in a dry skillet on medium heat. Stir frequently until seeds are golden brown and fragrant. To avoid overtoasting, immediately pour them out of hot pan.
- Mix all ingredients, except steak, in a small bowl. Place steak in a large resealable plastic bag or glass dish. Add marinade; turn to coat well.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or longer for extra flavor. Remove steak from marinade and discard any remaining marinade.
- Broil on high or grill over medium-high heat for 6 to 8 minutes per side or until desired doneness.
Hope you like it!