The following are not my own ideas but it came from a pamphlet that was distributed by Positive Promotions. I would like to share these tips on how to be a great parent with you.
- Be a good role model. Your child learns from the example you set.
- Show respect for your child’s feelings, thoughts and suggestions.
- Make your child feel loved with your words of praise, and your hugs and kisses.
- Keep your word. If you must break it, apologize and make it up to your child.
- Encourage your child’s creativity. Ask questions to stimulate imagination.
- Build your child’s self-esteem by showing appreciation for all genuine efforts.
- Stay involved. Know what’s going on in your child’s life, both at school and with friends.
- Discipline your child fairly, firmly, and with love. Focus on the behavior, not the child.
- Set up family traditions and make time to do fun things together.
- Think positively. By expecting the best, you empower yourself and your child to solve problems and achieve goals.
Can you add other tips aside from the ones stated above? You don’t need to announce them using kappa speakers; just share them in the comments section below. 🙂
Have a great day!