This recipe is a slight variation of the classic polvoron recipe. In this recipe, we added cashew which is a good source of antioxidants, energy, vitamins and minerals.
Cashew Polvoron Ingredients
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2/3 cup full cream milk powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 3/4 cup margarine
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cashew nut, coarsely chopped
Procedure for Making the Cashew Polvoron
- Toast the all-purpose flour in a frying pan over medium heat. Stir continuously with a wooden spoon until light brown in color for approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer the toasted flour to a mixing bowl with flat beater attachment then add the rest of the dry ingredients. Mix for about 1 minute at slow speed. Set aside.
- Over medium heat, melt butter and margarine in a saucepan.
- Add the melted fat unto the dry ingredients then mix at low speed for approximately 3 minutes or until incorporated.
- Switch mixer to high speed then add vanilla. Mix for 30 seconds.
- Transfer the polvoron into a clean and flat surface. Form the desired polvoron shapes by packing the mixture unto the polvoron molder.
- Cool for at least 30 minutes or until firm then wrap polvoron with the desired wrapper.