I have a friend who’s expected to give birth next month. If someone you know or you are also giving birth soon, here are some tips that I’d like to share with you about what to bring to the hospital during the big day.
First, make sure that you prepare your bag in advance. Packing the things that you’ll need during the big day (of you giving birth to your baby) is a no-no because with those painful contractions, it’s more likely that you’ll forget a lot of things.
Here are some stuff that you should consider preparing before-hand:
- Clothing for your baby including socks and mittens
- Insurance card
- “Who to Call” list
- Camera and video camera
- A baby book for recording important details
- A favorite pillow
- A hair clip or scrunchie
- Sugarless candies or lollipops to keep your mouth moist
- Snacks for your husband so that he doesn’t have to leave your side to find something to eat
- Toothbrush, toothpast and mouthwash
- Hair comb, brush and hair dryer
- Makeup and other beauty supplies
- Extra absorbent maxi pads
- A nursing bra
- Nightgown or PJs, socks and slippers
- Comfortable going home outfit
- Going-home outfit for baby including a receiving blanket
- Rear-facing infant car seat (installed in advance)
Have a safe delivery.